Come join us on Saturday, June 10, 2023, as we celebrate urban nerd culture!! "Blerd Bash", a national tour that makes the anime and gaming fan experiences more accessible to urban communities, is returning for its second annual Philadelphia event. We're bringing you an awesome event that fuses urban and otaku/gamer culture for a day packed with fun activities and good vibes.
What to expect:
🏆 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament
💃🏾 Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B Dance Party
🦹♀️ Cosplay Contest
🎮 Video Games Stations
🍸 Delicious Food & Themed Cocktails
🛍️ Vendor Marketplace
🎤 Local Hip-Hop Music Showcase
This event will be held at Localhost The Block, a gaming lounge packed with numerous PCs, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch consoles available for your enjoyment.
Transportation and Parking
- There are plenty of convenient transportation options to get you safely to and from Localhost in Philadelphia. The venue is located right on the orange SEPTA line between the Spring Garden and Race Vine stations.
- Use code "PARK" at the kiosk in the "Broad & Vine" parking garage for a discount. Forgot the code? Just tell them you are there for an event at Localhost. "Parkway Corporation" is another nearby parking garage but it is slightly more expensive and doesn't offer the discount.
- If you're going to be drinking, please consider taking an Uber or a Lyft or having a designated driver. Please drive responsibly!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament
We will be hosting a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournament from 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Participation in the tournament is free with your ticket to the event (General Admission tickets are $25). The tournament will be 32 players, double elimination on Nintento Switch. You are welcome to bring your own controller or use the ones provided at the venue. Please follow the Facebook event page for updates.
- 2:00 pm - Check-in
- 2:30 pm - Waitlist players selected to backfill any registered player who has not yet checked in
- 2:45 pm - Tournament start
- 7:00 pm - Tournament finals
- You can register for the tournament on-site at the event.
- The bracket cannot expand so we are locked in at 32 people and seats are available on a first-come, first-served, basis.
- To ensure your spot, you can pre-register by indicating your interest in participating when you buy your ticket online via Eventbrite.
- We highly encourage you to pre-register as slots will very likely get filled prior to the event.
- To pre-register, simply select “Yes” on the question “Would you like to pre-register for our Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament” at checkout when you are purchasing your ticket.
- Please note that your spot for pre-registration will only be held if you check-in for the tournament by 2:30 PM.
- If the question on the order form has the word “WAITLIST” in it, please understand that 32 spaces at that time have already been registered and you will now be registering for the waitlist.
- Waitlist individuals may be called to participate in the tournament in the order in which they registered, so long as they are on-site and respond when our TO calls their name.
Open Play Gaming
Enjoy your pick between numerous games across Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, and even PC. Gaming is available at an hourly rate but our combination ticket packages offer a discount when you bundle game time with general admission.
- Access to gaming stations is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to availability.
- Gaming is NOT included with the general admission ticket but can still be purchased on-site.
- Combination tickets are available online which offer the best rate for both admission to the event and access to the game stations.
- Game time does not have to be consecutive. For example, if you purchase the two-hour package, you can start playing at the couch console co-op for an hour, pause to go to check out the vendor marketplace for an hour, grab a bite to eat at the bar, and then come back and play on PC for another hour. Your time will be paused when you are not at a game station.
Visit our vendor marketplace and support local brands related to anime, video games, comics, hip-hop culture, and other related topics.